ABOUT US

The society was formed in 1922 as Trinity Amateur Operatic & Dramatic Society, performing stage presentations

of popular operatic shows which then grew in stature over the coming years until 1989 when it was decided to become a society of singers just a  to save on the expenses of stage, costume and productions.

The society changed its name to The Trinity Singers and over the coming years it doubled its size from 25 to 50 and 

also moved its location from Honeywell lane in Oldham to its present location at St Andrews Methodist church in 

High Crompton, Shaw as venues for singers are limited. 

Over the coming years concerts were held at various venues these included concert halls, churches, lunch clubs,

masonic dinners, community centres and residential homes around Oldham, Rochdale and North Manchester.

Concerts varied from 1hour to full concerts with interval either afternoon or evening, and wherever a group 

required them to entertain.

In 2012 Diane Dunning the musical director had to step down due to health reasons and Vicky Radburn took over the position. More recently we acquired a new accompanist Katarina Wilson who replaced Veronica Butterworth after 31 years of wonderful service.  Katarina not only plays the piano but is also an accomplished accordion player.

In 2017 the group decided to change its name and a vote was subsequently taken where "In Harmony" was chosen,

 

We look forward to our new identity, and hope that it will help to recruit new members of all ages, and signal even more success for the singers in the future.

inharmony Trinity Oldham High Crompton choir singers inharmony Trinity oldham high crompton choir singers

inharmony Trinity Oldham High Crompton choir singers inharmony Trinity oldham high crompton choir singers

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now